Thursday, January 27, 2005

Life's Music

Roseanne Raneri is a singer/songwriter whose song "Jojo's Like a Train" contains the following lines:

Jojo, you've got life's music turned up so loud.
Who is it you're trying to drown out?
What are you listening so closely for?


I used to ask myself the same questions. Why do I want so much to crank up life's music in the midst of this thundering silence? Who is it I want to drown out? What do I want to listen for? Over the past few months the answers have become painfully obvious to me. In light of this acute awareness, though, I'm only feeling more confused, helpless, and scared than ever before.

2 Comments:

Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Why is that!!! When we finally get something figured out, more confusion tramples our clear mind. Don't be scared, Andy, everything will be okay, no matter what you decide. You and only you, control your life. So you're not as helpless as you may think or feel at this moment. Take care, my friend.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Once things move from unfathomable, to fathomed, we know what depths we are in. Which moves us from unknown situation, to problems that require solutions.

If it's a difficult problem, then you've a right to feel more confused/scared than before.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home