Friday, May 20, 2005

Armand, my bestest buddy

D-Day bumped back from September to October. Nixed my MySpace page. Glorified dating service, that's all MySpace really is. Maybe I'll start it back up in 4 or 5 months.

---

I've been worrying about this. I keep asking myself if I find the right girl, will I be able to keep interest in her for long? How long will it take for my eye to start roving, and I start complaining about being trapped? Is history doomed to repeat itself? Will I be fair to her, will I be a good boyfriend, or will I just end up fucking her over? I don't want to do that.

Then I found hope in something today: my cat, Armand. I realized that he was born just about when I got married seven years ago. Today I was laying on the bed watching American Chopper when he hopped up and curled next to me. To this day, I still find him irresitably adorable. I still want to pick him up and squeeze the feline lovin out of him. I still look forward each day to coming home and scritching his furry little tummy. After seven years, I haven't even begun to feel "trapped" by my obligation to him.

Sure, Armand may rub up against other peoples' legs, he may even curl with somebody else at night. He may solicit a little attention from other people right in front of me as I am promiscuously petting other cats. But I know that in the end, he's my #1 favorite cat and I'm his #1 favorite person, and we're totally inseperable.

And so I think that if I found the right person, as long as the love remains unconditional and without strings, I think I could still find them irresistably adorable and want to squeeze the lovin out of them every single day, even after seven years (and far beyond). This encourages me.

I'm only Andy. I am not a knight in shining armour. I can't sweep you off your feet. I'm not very well endowed, and if it's a good day I can last about 30 seconds. But, like Armand, I have pure unconditional love to give, with no strings attached, as long as it is sincerely returned. Just the pure feline love of a cat who wants to curl up against you and purr for a while.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I have no idea why I wrote this.

11:55 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

i think this is a great post ... about you realizing that under the right circumstances you could commit again ... you could have a relationship ... you'd not feel tied down or trapped ... it's wonderful ...

i hope you find the perfect woman for you ....

8:41 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Raven, your blog keeps pulling up as 404 not found. Did you do something to it?

Sometimes I feel like I'd rather die in a swarm of killer bees than be in another relationship. Other times, though, I feel I'd rather be mauled by a grizzly than not ever be in one.

One thing is for sure, as long as my patience holds out for another half a year, I'm gonna have one helluva time searching for that perfect person. :-)

3:41 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

hey you ... no my blog is there ... that was happening to me yesterday too ... but it's there .. i've posted today.

:)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Possibly easier to love a cat than a person, the lack of talking results in far fewer disagreements.

In our low attention-span modern world, just how easy is it to maintain a decent relationship? Depends what you're after.

People who crave the intensity and passion of relationships are often disappointed long-term, as the heat of the flame almost never keeps up for that long. Those that just want company and stability are usually the most settled - like well-worn clothes, or the dent in an armchair or bed - some of us think "time to buy a new one", others think "ah, I love my old chair exactly the way it is."

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home