Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ok, a little back story: a week ago today, I dropped Mother-In-Law off at work in Kettering. I decided to kill the time between then and picking Caro up from work by stopping by Ohio Institute of Photography and Technology (OIP&T). Wanted to see if they had any brochures or an application I could fill out. Well, as crazy happenstance would have it, one of the recruiters had an appointment bail on her right as I showed up, so I get an interview. (yay!) She seems impressed with my witty banter and snappy answers to her form questions, so we make an appointment for next week to complete the process.

Flashforward to next week (today)...

I burn a CD with about thirty of my favorite images. I also grab the three photos I took at Charleston Falls. On the way to Dayton, I make a pit-stop at the Miami County Park District office, am chased by big-ass bees to the door, and drop off the photos for the Photos in the Park Contest. (to be judged in October. Cross your fingers and don't let go till then, ok?) Onward to OIP&T, and I arrive on time. Sitting down with the recruiter, I slide the photo CD over to her. She takes the time to click through each of the images, and is gushing praise.

(Go Andy! Go Andy! Go! Go! Go Andy!)

Took a facility tour, and I want to go there so bad now, I can practically taste the developing chemicals. Of course, the main hallway's walls are lined with students' works.

Best of all, and possibly the most important criterion when choosing an institution of higher learning, it's bursting at the seams with hot women! Seriously... it's like 10 to 1 in there, and it's a wonderfully diverse swirl of races and styles.

Ok, back to business... Financial Aid will be nigh nonexistant, and this place is really fucking expensive. Sally Mae is going to OWN my ass. One good thing, though... if you don't already have one, they'll tack a Nikon D70 digital SLR to the cost of your tuition, so it gets paid for by the financial aid. I'm going to see if I can't get a Canon EOS D20. Much better camera (100-3200 ISO range instead of the Nikon's 200-1600), and my 28-105 lens I have now will fit, so all I'll need to buy is the body instead of a kit.

So tomorrow, the recruiter is going to vouch for me to the powers that be at OIP&T, and they'll decide whether I am worthy of their tutelage. She'll call me Friday with word.

Cross your fingers and don't let go till then, ok?

1 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

Hmm, sounds good - and expensive...

The D70 is inline with the 350D, whereas the 20D is the model up on it - so it's bound to be superior. Best to check the picture quality on the very high ISOs, can get a bit ropey whatever camera is in use.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home