Monday, October 10, 2005

Found Photos

I came across this picture on this gallery of the Found Photos website. I've seen it several times before, but this time it really touched me just how cute it is.



That is what I need. That moment. Right there. That perfectly whimsical moment when the feet of somebody I care so much for it hurts peek out from under the covers next to mine. What turned me the most green about Steff's post is not the sex, but the line where she says "New Dude and I were laughing in bed". In my imagination, the people to whom the feet belong were laying there, snug up against each other, giggling for hours, and never wanting to get out from under the blanket.

Makes me think of this hallmark card that shows and elderly couple in gaudy pajamas jumping on a couch like a trampoline, and on the inside it said "I can't wait to grow old and nutty with you." I wanted to buy and frame that card.

---

Started a new blog tracking my weekly weigh-ins using the pallet scale at Stillwater.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kellee said...

I adore you Grover guy!...I am figuring out how to do a blogroll and want to add yours to it if it's OK with ya. Blogger has been a bitch to me the last two days,and patience isn't my virtue. Barb and Jen are helping me so we'll see! I love your blog...the world needs more men like you and that's NO joke. Keep in touch!! XOXOXOXO

2:07 AM  
Blogger Kellee said...

PS: you live by Dave Chappelle...NOW THAT IS MEGA-WATT SUPER COOL!! Tell him I said hi, he will look at you like you're crazy, but what the hell!? hahaha!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

I don't think I'm anything extraordinary when it comes to men, except for the fact that I'm not afraid to admit my feelings. I'm still posessed of many annoying male idiosyncrasies...

...leaving wet towels on the floor

...oggling hot women

...ok, so I could not possibly care less who won "the game" last night, but I do admire a well-executed play when I'm held captive in front of a sporting event.

...leaving dishes in the sink

...drinking beer and belching

... etc, etc.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spent a long time reading and reading here. You are such an adventurous soul, one to admire.

I wonder if you've heard of the Illuminares Festival? It is a magical summer gathering of people parading randomly round a small lake in a park with lanterns as the evening light fades. I think it would be something you'd appreciate (your photos brought it to mind). Is there anything like it where you live?

Love.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Kellee, I forgot to thank you for the wonderful compliment. Thank you!

Anon - Again, thank you. Why can't I find people like you guys around here?? As for the festival, unfortunately no we don't have anything like that. The YS street fair is about as hippie as it gets in this ultra-conservative area.

I'm incredibly flattered that I would remind you of something as wonderful as that festival. I would be in heaven at something like that.

Why the anonymity? Being from Vancouver, I'm guessing you got to my blog through Steff's, right? Please, I'd like to read yours. :-)

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home