Wednesday, November 02, 2005

This is going to come out all wrong, but...

Anyway... I've been thinking lately on the topic of jealousy. It had been proposed to me that women appreciate a certain amount of jealousy from men. I don't find that unreasonable at all, and actually quite understandable. First off, let's look at dictionary.com's first definition of 'jealous':
Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position

Ok, for a man to be jealous of a woman, he must be fearful of being replaced, or of losing her affection, or of his position in her heart. I have to say that I am not immune to jealousy. Although admittedly my usual attitude is one of "Oh, so you think he's cute do you?? Well... I'll hold the video camera and jump in a bit later.", I do actually get jealous, sometimes to an intensity powerful enough to shake the ground. It simply lies in a place within me where it doesn't in most other men.

Remember when I wrote the line: "I don't want to be the center of your universe, just one of the brighter stars shining within you."? That encapsulates this topic in one sentence. Do I get jealous of women? Sure as hell I do! There's nothing harder on my heart to admire somebody as completely as I tend to do, and then watch or read about them living experiences (social, sexual, educational, career-wise, etc.) that I desperately wish to do myself, but cannot. This sparks a blaze of jealousy.

But... if ever I am let in, if ever I am given acceptance, if ever I become a part of, and one of the stars shining in that person's universe (in whichever aspect)... suddenly the envy dissipates and dissolves into joy.

Yes, I was passionately jealous of you, until you accepted me. Now all is heaven, and you can do no wrong in my eyes. Whatsoever.

5 Comments:

Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Nope, I don't find him attractive in the least. Not my type, I guess.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

You know what? I'm 0 for 2 with you when it comes to picking guys. :-)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

http://txgurl.blogspot.com/2005/02/yum-yum-gimme-some.html, any stirrings of desire?

1:26 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

sorry, I don't find him attractive either.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Well.... poo-poo on you guys, then! :-) I think Criss Angel is hot.

TG - I remember that post... do you remember the comment I left? ;-)

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home