Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One of the members of the US Olympic Women's Hockey Team, Kristin King, is from Piqua, the next town north of here. Dayton's nbc affiliate, Channel 2, threw a big wingding at the Piqua High School gym with a huge projector screen to show the bronze medal US vs. Finland game. Andy smells photo op, so I go and take quite a few good photos, my favorite being the crowd in the gym pumping their fists and waving their little flags after Kristin scored, and she's up on screen giving a teammate a hug.

Now, I thought hockey was broken into four quarters, not three periods, so after the second part...thingy... whatever, I went out to grab a sandwich. When I came back, the game was over. Shit! At least Channel 2 did a victory live feed cheer, and I sauntered behind the video guy to snap shots of the cheering crowd, the live image projected onto the huge screen behind.

They're going to be pitching another homecoming wingding for the hometown hero next week, complete with a parade. What I'd like to do is print out and frame the photo of the crowd cheering with her on screen, title it "Hometown Hero", and burn the other images of her day to CD so she can reproduce them as she wishes. Hopefully I can somehow give them to her. Wouldn't that be cool?

And yes she's a babe. By uncanny coincidence I just happen to have a fetish for Olympic bronze medal winning chicks from Piqua who play hockey and whose initials match. What are the odds? :-)

(But that's not why I want to give her the photos)

---

Here's some of the photos from my latest project "Color Composition". They aren't all there becase I'm hungry and want to eat lunch. Also, a bunch of them are boring shots just to get the technical aspect in. But here's a few of my favorites, including a few from when I ran around with Elizabeth. Enjoy!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out the mall on tues( i believe) they are planing a party at the mall for her homecoming. might be able to meet here there :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Andy, Andy, Andy, we've got to get you up to Canada for a while and force-feed you some hockey.
*head shaking bemusedly*

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Andy you REALLY need to promo your photography - enter contests, etc. You've got the magic touch!
xoxoxo

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually watched part of the Canadian women's hockey game the other night and enjoyed it immensely. Canadians make the game look fun, Americans make it look like NASCAR on ice.

You 'n me ought to hit the road up north, Andy. I'm thinking there's good times to be had up there!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

JAMG - Yeah, I'm still not 100% clear on what that whole "power play" thing is. And as for positions, I know there's the two goalies... and everybody else with smaller sticks. Not a big sports fan here, despite having learned to skate by watching hockey players and imitating their footwork. Speaking of, my skates are getting lonely in my trunk.. I need to hit Hobart Arena again saturday night.

Anyway, my love of Canadians started with the Red Green Show many years ago. I dubbed you guys "North American Aussies", because I've never met an Australian who wasn't the most laid back and chilled out cool person. You guys remind me of them. My love of Canadian women started with Steff and has blossomed to basically every other one I've known online since.

You'd better watch out, or I'll start reading your blog and fixating on you too. :-)

Michelle - NASCAR on ice... what a great analogy. I think a road trip would be glorious! Too bad I make about $300 every two weeks at my job now. A long trip for me would be a drive down to Cincinnati. :-(

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home