Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Our last project was to do five self-portraits. I took a bunch, and submitted the project twice for extra credit. Here's a few of my favorites. For this one, my strategy was to get enough neutral density filters (basically, sunglasses for the camera that darken the image so the shutter has to stay open longer) to get a psycho long exposure. I wanted to go to a busy public place and sit still with a long enough exposure that anything that moved wouldn't show up at all, so that it looked like I was in some normally busy place all by myself. So I go the Fairfield Commons Mall and get Security's permission to shoot inside. What happened in this 30-second exposure is that I didn't hear the shutter click open, so I got up to check. That's why I'm just barely visible. Several people did walk by as the scene exposed, they were just too quick to be picked up. My plan kinda worked, but I was so pleased with the result, I didn't bother taking any more pictures and getting in security's hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home