Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Walked around Meijer grocery with Dark Haired Girl late last night, and I picked up a bag of cat foot for Armand and Cozy. Since we met at a parking lot near Dunaway's and took her MAV (multi-activity vehicle, not to be mistaken for a minivan) to the store, I (quite distracted by being with her) left the cat food in her Mazda thingy. Tonight, she stopped by Chipotle while I was working, and upon seeing her and her daughter I beamed so brightly that if the lights were to have gone out at that moment, I'd've been emitting light. I tossed her my keys to put the bag in the car (as it was the middle of dinner rush and I was tending the cash register), and only later realized that she saw just how trashed my car is. The passenger floor is basically carpeted with drink cups. You can't see the mat. I'm so embarrassed. :-)

All night afterward, I was making all sorts of stupid mistakes like taking customers' money and shutting the till without giving change, all while sporting a goofy grin. The only "L word" I'm going to say about her, as we're still essentially strangers who've connected well, is "Like". I like her. I really Like Dark Haired Girl. I have my own life separate from her, and she has her own, separate from me.

And that's damn near perfect.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I've been enjoying reading about how well your life is going right now, everything - school, photography, social life, sex life, you've got a super balance happening here, and that's so great.

But shame on you for having a dirty car! I'm surprised she didn't ditch your ass right off the bat - you slacker!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

:-P

12:57 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Things are looking up, things are looking way up.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home