Thursday, May 06, 2010

Bombs Away

So I decided that since the bomber jacket that Dad bought for himself Christmas '08 didn't fit anybody, I'd try to sell it maybe on Craigslist, ebay, or just pawn the thing.  I know he paid a couple hundred for it, so I decided to go on National Geographic's site (where he bought it from) to check on the true retail price.  I about fell out of my cotton-pickin seat when this popped up:



Seven Hundred God Damned Dollars!!!  What the fuck was he thinking??  I know he said he splurged, but Holy Hell... he didn't have that kind of money to go spending on ANYTHING, let alone a completely ostentatious luxury item like a sheepskin coat.  

I decided to go to the website of the manufacturer, Schott Bros: 



Figuring that since it retails new for that, and he only had it one winter and barely wore it, I could get away with asking $500.  Given that it has a bit of a cigarette odor, I'll knock $50 off the price for cleaning.  Fair asking price, I think.

I mean, thanks for the goldmine, Dad, but you had rent that went unpaid.  You had intermittent phone service.  You had shit upon which $700 could have been infinitely more wisely utilized.  

I will never figure you out, man. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home