Monday, January 31, 2005

That song

idea I had? It's stalled two lines before the end of the second verse. I swear it feels like I don't actually write any of this. It's more like I'm an antenna picking up signals and jotting them down. Too often, the station goes off the air before transmitting the entire message, and I'm left with two freaking lines to go, and nothing but an empty plate in my head. Here's what I have so far:

Stop, let's smell the roses.
They're far too beautiful to be ignored the way we always do.
Stop, let's watch the sun set.
Who knows if it'll ever be this brilliant again any time soon.
Stop, let's finish talking.
Just cause they brought the check, we don't have to hurry out the door.
Stop, it's not that pressing.
This moment's never gonna happen again, I'd really hate to waste it.


Chorus
You don't have to be afraid of the Big Bad World
I could lead you safely through it if you'd let me.
You have nothing to fear from that Big Bad World
I could be your guide if only you'd believe in me.

Stop, they're only people.
The laugh and cry and want and need the same as you and me.
Stop, they're only people.
They're just as lost and just as scared out there, the same as you and me.


That's it. I feel what I want to say, but I can't capture that nebulous oomph in any decent words. I hate this. Good ol' clogged soap cap again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Looks good to me. Relax and the rest will come to you.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Awesome. The first verse is my fav. I've always desired to hear that from a man. Someone to take care of me, if I'd let them.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Written any of the music yet?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Yeah, actually I wrote the guitar part from start to finish a long time ago, and then wrote a set of words fand a melody, but decided I didn't like them. Lo and behold, these words fit the structure, so I'll have to work a melody. Now all I need is a bridge. That shouldn't be hard.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well once you've got it roughed out, I fully expect an mp3! ;)

9:57 PM  
Blogger c said...

AHHHHHHHHSOME... so far. Roxors my boxors hradcrow.

Good stuff.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home