Sunday, April 17, 2005

What Dreams May Come

I've been asking myself lately what my dreams are. There's the trite and typical stuff: be a rock star, hang out with the OCC crew, build a cool house with a bazillion-level deck and a heated pool... you know, anything involving gratuitous amounts of attention and/or money.

But really, when I think all the way to the very end of things, what I want more than anything is to be lying on my deathbed looking up at my beautiful grown-up children. Just as I slip quietly into the night, I want to gasp my final words to them, "I love you all more than you could ever know. And, damn, was life fun!" And in this dream, nobody cries. Instead, they smile because they know I was right.

I will get there. Just you watch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

And he has it... a truly beautiful dream, and an aspiration that all would do well to strive for.

Well said Andy, well said. :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

that is beautiful for sure .... a scene that everyone should aspire to have ...

9:56 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

i may not be able to WATCH, but i can READ as your dreams take shape and come true. i wish you all the best, andy.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want nothing more than to die in the arms of the one I love. Knowing that for one I gave my heart to the right person, and gave it completely, with no regrets, and above all no pain. I want to know my life was not wasted but was everything I hoped and dreamed. I want the ability to say to myself when I die "you finally made a good life and lived an exciting life, I traveled and saw the world. I experienced life and love and damn it was great." Finally to tell my love that it was worth everything I had to do and so was he more than he will ever know." Then die a peaceful death in his arms....

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home