Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Some things never change...

I just came across This site where they translate graffiti found on the walls at Pompeii. Here are a few of my favorites:

Lovers are like bees in that they live a honeyed life

Whoever loves, let him flourish. Let him perish who knows not love. Let him perish twice over whoever forbids love.

If anyone does not believe in Venus, they should gaze at my girl friend

Vibius Restitutus slept here alone and missed his darling Urbana

No young buck is complete until he has fallen in love

Love dictates to me as I write and Cupid shows me the way, but may I die if god should wish me to go on without you

I screwed the barmaid

1 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I just looked him up on google. Very interesting stuff!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home