Sunday, October 16, 2005

Last wednesday, I drove Caro to class and had a good five hours to kill. Luckily, I had four unused rolls of film, a city begging to be photographed, and an itchy trigger finger. I could only afford one pack, and I'm pleased with the results. I can't wait to see what's on the other three, being held for a ransom of about $11 each by Wal-Mart. If you haven't already, make sure to catch the post after the pictures. It's kinda funny.

For this one, I was standing under the Main St. bridge. I walked past the lady in black earlier when she was sitting eating lunch on the ampitheatre-like concrete steps on down the path behind me, but I didn't want to bug her. She passed me while I was taking some other pictures, and I thought this wide scene with only one solitary figure looked lonely.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Great pictures as always Andy pants. My favourite is of the old stone wall.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Hey Andy Pants! ;)
You are an fantastic photographer..you find really provoking images in mundane things. Some day you'll be a SUPA-STAR! (you already are in my book)
My comp is on the fritz..so I am going to try the laptop, but don't know if I can post pic until I get it back (by wednesday, but who knows) Anyways, now that I am being a comment whore, I didn't get tagged by anyone..I just was sick of being asked my favorite color etc. Just random thoughts..and the worst part is now that I've put some down..I keep thinking of more...yikes!
Much love-xoxoxoxoxo

2:09 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Thank you guys so much. Like I said to Nan in an email sending her the full-res version of the stone wall, Orlando Bloom put it best in Pirates of the Caribbean:

"A craftsman is always pleased to hear his work is appreciated."

Remember, if there are any photos that anybody wants, I'll email you the full resolution jpegs off the photo CD so you can enlarge them or whatever.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

I'm not skilled enough at Photoshop to know how to do this, but you can copy a block (say upper 2/3s) and change its darkness/contrast separately from the rest of the photo. This one would work well like that, considering the overshadowed lower portion. Might be promising enough to try and figure out for this pic.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

That's a good suggestion. I just figured out that you can lasso an area, and then as long as it's selected, any manipulations apply only to the lassoed area. I'll give that a try and email you the results. Thanks for the idea!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home