Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Speaking of anonymity... sitemeter just whispered to me that I have a repeat visitor from North Dakota State University. Say hi sometime, we'd love to hear from you! I'll start:

"Hi up there!"

---

Suddenly reminded of the old Air Force rhyme about Minot AFB in North Dakota:

"Why not Minot? Freezin's the reason."


(Minot pronounced 'my knot', not 'me know' as I of the took-French-in-high-school persuasion was first inclined)

---



Redneck Neighbor pulled up just as I was getting my mail. You know, I could identify him as "Ted", his name, but 'redneck neighbor' is just so much more colorful. Really sparks the mental images, doesn't it? His personality is so much like Diedrich Bader in Office Space, it's hilarious. Aside from being clean cut and shaven, he's not really a country/western redneck, but a hard working, blue collar, irascible, generous, and good natured guy. Anyway, up he pulls and slaps a Bud can down on his roof before getting out. We get to talking, and he tosses me an ice cold can out of his just-purchased 18-pack. He keeps feeding me cans as we talk, and I now have a nice mild buzz as I type this. What a guy. I should call him Lawrence and see if he gets it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about me. Im from University of North Dakota and I enjoy visiting your site to see your photographs and what funny things you have to say for the day. I loved the feet photograph. Oh and Hi, from North Dakota.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Tell him about your cousin Daryl and your other cousin Daryl. (what was that Bob Newhart??) OR - you can ask him how his "uncle-dad" is doing and see if he catches it. If he doesn't...use him for the free beer and amusing blog commentary! PS: I'm in Montana and I KNOW it's just as friggin' freezin' here. ick.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home