Sunday, November 27, 2005

Much Better Day

After staying up till 4:30 this morning talking to Chickpea, I crashed until 12:20 this afternoon. After a slice of pumpkin pie and cup of coffee, and a shower, I headed out to Books & Co. to say hi if Viv and/or Mr. Reiki were there. He called in sick, but Viv was there and I gave her a big hug. Plus, I know either would give me their employee (30%) discount. I'm sick of listening to the same CD's while cleaning Stillwater, so I found "A Briefer History of Time" by Stephen Hawking on CD. I head over to the self-help section looking for books on coping with being single, as lately I have found myself on the wrong side of the fine line between being free and being utterly lost. My attention meanders to the sex section, and the dizzying array of how-to guides. Being less than secure in that department, I pick up a few which don't please me, until I see one up on the upper storage overflow shelf that catches my attention. After finding a bookstore employee to grab a ladder and fetch it for me (seriously, I have no shame), I flip through and like what I see. I end up walking out with a Shutterbug magazine, the CD book (which Viv signed out for free, but I have to return it)...

and "How to Please a Woman In & Out of Bed, Second Edition". You know... just in case a situation ever arises.

---

So I walk two doors down to Trader Joe's for some lunchy stuff, and some "Frugal Joe's Ordinary Beer". Speaking of, brb while I go grab a bottle...

Ok. Back. Not bad. A little hoppier than I prefer, but for $4 a six-pack, I'm not complaining. Anyway, as I head back through Books & Co., my attention is caught by a lady setting up a table of absolutely gorgeous Native American flutes on the stage. I ask if she's going to be performing, and she says her husband will be in about 20 minutes. I figure, what the hell, I'm in no hurry, so I walk out to the car and put my bags away, and head over to Joe Muggs (the adjacent coffee shop) for something to drink during the performance. A girl is waffling over what to choose in the dessert case, and she lets the people ahead of me go ahead of her, and then me as well. I'm indecisive, but this is killing me. With a smile, I point out the caramel praline white chocolate chip cookies, and tell her they're delicious and my favorite. She looks at me like I'm nuts and nervously goes "Oh...ok...umm...uhh...thanks." I maintain my smile and say "You're welcome!" This happens far more often than not when I try to talk to people. And people wonder why I'm scared to death of initiating conversation. Remember the girl who got all weird on me at Fusion a month or two ago? Sheesh.

Anyway, this isn't a poor me post, I'm in a good mood. I head back to the stage, and before he starts, I'm admiring the flutes and he introduces himself, gives me a card, and invites me to attend Dayton's Native American flute circle that meets once a month. I think I'll go.

Stunning performance. Afterward, I compliment a strikingly attractive older lady who has a very colorful hair wrap with metal dragonfly ornaments. We chitchat for a while, and she's a massage therapist, so I ask for a card. God, the things I'll do to have pretty girls touch me. :-) I leave, flute still echoing in my ears, and feeling very inwardly at peace, and with confidence restored.

---

I go to Borders Books down by the Dayton Mall with nothing particular in mind to buy. No CDs look interesting to me, and no photography books do either, so I mosey on over to the sex how-to section. I drift over to the self-help shelf and crammed among the "All Men Are Jerks Until Proven Otherwise" (incidentally written by the same lady who wrote the book I picked up at Books & Co.) type books is one titled "The 50 Greatest Love Letters Ever Written". People are always deciding against books they pick up and shelving them wherever they stand, and I thought this was a strangely appropriate mis-shelf, being in the self-help section by the relationship books. At $8, I can't pass it up. Some of them are so sweet.

---

Over to Chipotle for a long overdue burrito. I swear, when a brotha ain't gettin any, these puppies are a near-suitable substitute. I start reading the 'please a woman' book, and am still only in the initial how-not-to-be-a-total-jerk-face chapters, chock full of totally obvious common sense advice. I think I can safely skip that stuff and head over to the bedroom chapters.

I mean, honestly, some guys actually demand their women go to the gym? What assholes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kellee said...

ANNNNNNDDYYYY!!!!!!
I saw you were back to the blogoshpere! How is everything moving along, you seem to be dusting youself off pretty damn good! Keep your chin up...you've got Chicpea - I'm so glad I found her blog..it's great. I miss ya...I just installed MSN - now I have to figure out how to work it. I am a computer MORON! xoxoxoxoxo

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home