Thursday, February 02, 2006

Boasting, gloating, bragging, and otherwise being very un-Andy-like in general. :-)

I've 15 minutes before leaving for work, but I just have to gloat. Last night at school, we were given thirteen images to pen tool out in photoshop... a precise method of "cutting out" objects from the background image that we then set on a solid color background to look for imprecisions (as evidenced by hair-thin white lines of background image having been missed). Anyway, he said that both last night and tonight are going to be spent working on these. Most others got through about 4 or 5 images last night. I was the only one who knocked out all thirteen, and with surgical precision. They've started calling me "Speedy Gonzales". :-)

The kicker is that one of the images was of a piece of test equipment contained within its own hard case, and hinged in the middle. I looked around while people did this one. Everybody else I saw just cut out the object itself... but close inspection would show you that there's about nine little spaces of background between the hinges, that I took the time to slice out.

One of the other instructors came in and was chitchatting with mine, and I heard my instructor say as they talked quietly "This kid's the pen tool king". Dude. The instructors are talking about me behind the scenes. That has to be a good sign.

---

But the real reason I'm happy is that when I was leaving work last night, I took my hat off and let my hair down so my scalp could breathe a bit. As I was walking out, Fabiola (who is muy caliente, and came in as I was leaving) smiled at me, tugged at her pony tail, and said with her heavy Spanish accent "Your hair... eess beautiful!" My face felt like it caught fire (and probably turned bright red), and I managed to squeak out "Thank you!" before bolting out the door. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You are the pen tool king!! Sounds like your course is perfect for you, or vice versa.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

I think with OIP&T, I've finally found my calling. It's a gamble going into photography... there's a million and one new photographers flooding the job market with each passing quarter or semester...

It reminds me of a line from a Ben Folds Five song: "All I know's I gotta be where my heart says I oughta be. It often makes no sense. In fact, I never understand these things I feel."

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home