Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hi! Not much going on lately. Ran around friday afternoon with Elizabeth from school, helping her shoot her color composition project and shooting for my slide page. Found a great location that I would never have known existed, all done up with some of the most brilliant graffiti I've ever seen. Went to work and started to feel progressively worse that by the end of the night, my muscles were stiff and sore from head to toe, and I was getting abdominal cramps from hell which indirectly made my stomach a little queasy. I wasn't feeling nauseous or anything, just achey.

By class today I damn near called off, my entire body hurt so damned bad. Unfortunately, today was midterm exam, and anyway when you've got an 8-hour class that meets once a week, you don't want to miss a single one. I was eating Pepto chewable tablets like candy in case I was getting the flu, but I thankfully didn't have the urge at all to regurgitate. I just hurt. It lasted all day today, and I'm still not feeling very well.

Thinking it's not a bug, but my body telling me to chill the fuck out and relax... so I cancelled some plans I had and treated myself to a DVD rental and movie snacks. Rented "The Girl in the Cafe" Very good movie, and I'm now totally in love with Kelly MacDonald. She reminds me a lot of Coffee Girl, who was working friday afternoon and I stopped by and said hi to before going to work.

---

Photoshopped a project wednesday that still boggles me, even though I did it with my own two hands. We were given an image of the Oregon District. Our project: Remove everything modern from it, clean up the dust, and sepia tone it. Here's the original:



And here's what I turned in:



Yeah, I'm bragging. :-) Camera Skills instructor complimented me on the Sorrow project, and I passed the midterm exam.

---

The other morning I flipped on the tv and the US and Russian women's curling teams were in hot competition. I was riveted, mostly by the grace and deadly concentration with which they cast the stones, but also by (you guessed it) the women themselves. Case in point, hotness from the American team who had regrettably (tantalizingly?) little camera time:



And the Russian team's absolute centerfold member:



I will never diss this sport again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dayum. When did curling become a sport of the hotties?

Your Photoshopped picture is moody as hell, it evokes a sense of a cemetary in New Orleans. Like voodoo erased the sky. Most excellent stuff!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

I don't know, but those photos don't do either girl justice. And never did I think I'd find girls shouting "Woaaaah! Nyet.... Nyeeeeeeeetttt... DADADADADADADADA!" such a turn-on.

:-)

Now that you mention it, it does have a distictly New Orleans feel. I think it's the high walls in the background. The Oregon District itself does look like a miniature Garden District, though.

Bonus points to whoever can pick out all the things that got removed from the original photo.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I've always loved watching curling. btw the way have you seen the young things (with the exception of grumpy old Russ Howard) on the Canadian men's team?
hohoho

12:06 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

No, haven't caught them, but did you see the Korean dude who won the 1500m men's speed skating thing? He was absolutely beautiful.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home