Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now, suffice to say it's probably alcohol and loneliness induced. I can't help but feel this creeping suspicion that I like Dark Haired Girl more than she wants or can handle being liked right now. I'm still a million miles away from the "L word"

(ok, maybe seven hundred and fifty thousand miles away)

But damn, I mean how often is it that somebody can sense the contents of your soul and repeat them back to you without any prior knowledge? And add the exponentially more improbable factor that she's hot. And she says I'm beautiful. what are the odds? Honestly.

Of course, I say this after a night of drinking and karaoke at dunaway's, where I watched a crowd of random people slowly clump into binary molecules and walk out the door, leaving me (however admired by at least one non-present person) and my arms still empty. That's what I want more than anything. To hold somebody. To be held. I didn't want to talk to anybody else there. Fuck those people. I just wished to be near Dark Haired Girl, and comfort her in the troubled times she's facing right now.

This is so wrong. I'm going to push her away by the mere involunary act of my admiration for her. But then, who the fuck am I to say what she wants or doesn't want? We're still essentially strangers who've connected on an unusually deep level.

I have no idea how this all works. For now, I'm just surfing the wave and hoping I don't fall off the board.

Oh, the over analysis.

---

On a more positive note, I took a boatload of photos today, and a couple weren't bad. One I even printed out on some 13 x 19 paper at school, and it looks fucking awesome. I'll have to post them tomorrow.

---

I giggled today when somebody on the radio said the word "exacerbate".

---

AFter two and a half months, instead of growing sick of my company's product, I am now more hopelessly addicted to Chipotle burritos than ever before

---

Enough rambling. I'm going to bed now. Sweet dreams, dear readers. I know mine will be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Yes, stop over analizing the situation. It will all work out. she sounds like a great girl.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark Haired Girl might not be falling as fast as you, like Nan said don't give up. All good things take time, or so it's been said. :)

Pullin' for ya, Andy!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I hate to admit that I use the word exacerbate all the time. So do stop over analysing - you will only exacerbate the situation.
Got you giggling yet?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

You all are awesome. Thank you so much for your support. More on Dark Haired Girl in my next post.

Barbara - Yes, and in the middle of photoshop basics class. Elizabeth next to me is asking what's so funny. :-)

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home