Sunday, September 03, 2006

Nan, I think you're right.

---

Hit up the Turtle Creek flea market over half-way between here and Cincinnati, and I found a cool as hell old medium format camera, as well as a great portrait of a very stylized and fashionable lady from the 1920's. Good stuff.

---

I broke my boycott of the B and went there tonight to see if they had any good bands playing, and to while away a few dollars from my freshly cashed paycheck. Got just a tad drunk, not plastered, and really just drifted about for several hours happy in my own little world and running into people I know. But then it happened... toward the end of the night the old Andy started poking through.

WTF??

I thought I'd outgrown that part of myself. Seriously. I was having a great time, but then all of the sudden (and I think almost more out of habit than anything) I felt the first stirrings of becoming upset at all the social interactions going on around me that I personally wasn't taking part in. I wasn't even trying to. That wasn't even close to my intention or the point of going out last night at all... and I spent all evening up till the end feeling like a million dollars.

The moment that shit started up again, I left and walked back over to L&V to let the beer wear off and relax for a while before coming home. I can't figure myself out. I don't want to meet anybody now... why the near meltdown?

---

Anyway, I present to you now three of my favorite images from the infrared project from my Photo Design class:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe old Andy came out because alcohol is a depressant and it tends to bring out that kind of behavior/those feelings. Just maybe.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Yeah, I probably went a bottle or two beyond my "happy place".

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home