Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Tuesdays with Photoshop

Today in Photoshop II, we had to create four images using our names, the focus of the project being working with text. Ok, so we were supposed to create the whole shmear from scratch, and I swear I will with the next two, but I had the bright idea to incorporate my name with existing images. So I found an image of a fighter pilot's name patch, patch tooled out his name, and found a tutorial online on making text look like embroidery. A little tweaking with an inner shadow to give the appearance of the upper shading, and a drop shadow to give the white highlight pixels underneath, and voila!



---

So I decide to look up "monument" on Google image search, and find this wonderful picture, made all the funnier because I actually know a guy who just joined the Masons. Again, I clone stamped out the original name, put in "A. HUTCHINSON", and then added the last line of text as a punchline. Todd, my instructor, thought it was a little morbid. He joked "Dude, you're killing yourself off. That's weird."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

That's cute, but then, I guess I have a pretty morbid sense of humour.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home