Monday, February 07, 2011

I met Dark Haired Girl for lunch at Brixx down in Dayton today.  We had our usual completely frank and uninhibited conversation.  It felt like we hadn't talked in years. I told her my irrational worries about New Guy.  Rationally, I know he's a total sweetheart, but much like the little dog from that insurance commercial who sleeps fitfully dreaming of his bone disappearing from the safety deposit box, I just had to hear from the source that all was well. She gave me quite a few examples of how he's been acting to her and her girls, and the things he's been doing around the house.

He's perfect.

---

The sexual tension between us was no secret.  I told her, heart pounding, that I was ready to pounce on her right there in the middle of the restaurant... I didn't care who watched.  She basically returned the sentiment.  Verbalizing it really helped us laugh and dissipate the taut stress.  Of course it's going to take time, this is all of week two of New Guy being in the picture, and we both acknowledged that the lust we share may very well never go away.  Time will soften the shock of the transition, and quell the intensity... won't it?

To kill the rest of her lunch hour, we walked down the block to Mendelson's, a nearby warehouse random-clearance-crap store.  Out of habit, she looped her hand through the crook of my elbow to steady herself on the snowy sidewalk.  I pressed my elbow and her hand to my side. It felt good to feel her hold onto me again.  I was swept over by a flaming hot urgent desire so intense as to nearly make me feel out-of-body.  It was so base, so animal, that I couldn't even speak; every fiber of my being was concentrated on restraining myself and maintaining dignity. This isn't going were you think it is.  Save for a goodbye kiss that was a little too tender and a little too long, nothing inappropriate happened.  I hold New Guy in the deepest of respect.

I just worry that given the opportunity, the devil on my left shoulder would knock the piss out of the angel on my right.  I can't honestly say that I'm man enough to resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home