Monday, May 02, 2005

Je suis une traviste d'action!

So there I am in the break room at Lowe's, and on breaks and lunch I take off my ballcap and elastic hair-tie-band-thingy and let my scalp breathe a bit. Today I was in the company of Strawberry Shortcake and Elf Girl. So named because one is a short little redhead and has a shirt that says "Strawberry Shortcake, sweet and creamy", and the other because she just looks like she could have pointy ears and be an elf. Don't take that wrong, she's adorable. She's pretty. I love her to pieces. She just looks like a cute little elf. Anyway, Strawberry starts teasing me about my hair and says I should put it in a bundle sticking straight up like Pebbles from The Flintstones. So she comes over and does just that. Elf Girl is greatly amused, and so am I. Since I have additional bands in my pocket, I decide to one-up her and go for two pigtails sticking out the side. So I do. Elf mentions that with my necklace, that really looks feminine. I've got a girly face, I admit it. Just then, Kitchen Queen, an openly gay guy whom I love to pieces as well walks in, sees me, and starts laughing. I tell him that I was just telling the girls about my experience with makeup.

Just then I hear a rustling noise behind me. I turn around to see that some new guy came in unbeknownst to me through the other door behind me and was getting in his locker. He is giving me a seriously weird look as he walks out.

I'm in pigtails and talking about wearing makeup.

"Oh, shit!" I exclaim. Strawberry, Elf, Queen, and I all nearly die laughing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

LOL, stand and be proud. No need for exclamations - though the wrong idea is never a good one, regardless of how respectable it might be. ;)

"Strawberry Shortcake, sweet and creamy"............ I'd have to take a shower break if I worked there.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Ok ok ok, you guys are getting me all wrong. I am not a transvestite, nor do I wish anything from Kitchen Queen. "Love to pieces" is a term of endearment from me. Citrus, Orb, I love you guys to pieces. I don't want to hook up with you. :-)

And yes, Orb, I have had to come home and take many a cold shower after a day at Lowe's.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

The title of the post is a line from Eddie Izzard's HBO special, Dress To Kill.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Hooking up is over-rated... As are cold-showers, they don't work at all... ;)

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home