Saturday, December 18, 2004

Does this mean I can say I'm a lesbian? (no, not thespian)

I was just in a small Christmas production here at Troy Civic Theatre, my home away from home. One thing about stage lighting is that without any makeup, it will wash any color (and most features) right off your face. I lost my cosmetic "recipe card" from the last play, so there I am in the dressing room having various makeup schemes tested. I hate makeup. I can't stand having a fine film of waxy crap on my face. It feels icky. Anyways, the last thing to be evaluated was lip color. One they tried was waaaay too red. I looked at myself in the mirror, hair slicked back, dark beige-y foundation, eyes lined and shadowed, cheeks nice and rosy, with this embarrassingly red lipstick, and I realized something:

I make a cute girl.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I feel pretty, oh so pretty...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

...and witty and bright, if I may say so. ;)

Can't stand make-up myself, on myself, or others. I suppose it's required on stage though, as the bleaching effect is pronounced.

Regrettably, I wouldn't make a very cute girl, I don't make a very good boy actually. Closer to a fraggle, or orangutan. Oh well, I prefer those anyhow...

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are hilarious...

3:07 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I hate makeup too, and I'm a girl.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home