Friday, May 27, 2005

Spent last evening with Angela at Avalanche. After a couple of hours of pizza, beer, and completely uninhibited getting crap off our chests, she had to go. Shortly after, I am sitting there finishing off the pitcher and listening to that amazing singer (btw, her name is Stephanie Westfall). Two very attractive ladies (showing gratuitous clevage) take a seat two tables away from me. They are clearly drunk, and are not being subtle talking about sex. Every guy that approaches gets met with "Hey baby, what's your name?" I even catch the occasional "...that guy with the long hair over there..."

They were blurry enough that I could've (almost too) easily gone over and gotten my flirt on bigtime. Yet having this opportunity handed to me on a sterling platter, I didn't really care. After Angela left, I just wanted to listen to the band and leave.

---

She called tonight and asked if we wanted to go out for a drink, which is the first time she's called me. I am tickled to no end by this. I have another honest-to-goodness, wanna-hang-out-with-me friend! (yay!) Unfortunately, after paying a bill or two I am totally broke, and having busted my ass at work building up for Memorial Day weekend (the busiest of the year for us), and having stayed up so late last night, I am so goddamned tired my eyes feel all fuzzy staying up to tell you guys about this (and I'm sure the quality is lacking).

Dammit. I'd've loved to go out. But I needed to stay home tonight. Dammit.

3 Comments:

Blogger :| raven |: said...

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are young!!!!!

you have the rest of your life to sleep!!!!!

you could go out and drink soda .. most bars give that for free if you say you're the designated driver. no money necessary.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

It all happens in November. Patience...

Patience...

Patience...

10:40 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

I know how you feel, my eyes were so bloodshot and tired last night when I rolled in at 4am - I just couldn't be bothered to come online. :S

Never worth approaching a drunk person to chat them up, you can't get to know the real them when their minds are clouded.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home