Friday, June 10, 2005

Just got off the phone after a four hour long conversation with Chickpea. God, what a charismatic person, and all around kick in the seat. On her cell, we went from her apartment to shop at Target, slurpee at 7-11, back to her place, to the bathroom, and changed in to pajamas. I took her into the bathroom too, and let me tell you, I don't think I've ever done that to anybody. I just felt totally at ease and relaxed talking to her, as if she were an old familiar friend. (I told her to consider herself initiated) From this moment forward, I count her as another addition to my pantheon of close personal friends.

One note: Don't cut her off while driving, or you will experience her Squirrely Wrath. It's terrifying. :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

would have been nice if you had picked up the phone I called ;)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you thought that was scary, that's because you've never driven in the DC area. DC ranks #2 in the worst traffic of the country. California cities surround DC in the top ten. You learn to yell at each other for dumbshit manuvers. Also, you neglected to mention the pagoda carrot!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

I've yet to decide if I like long phone calls like that or hate them. Mine always run through the night and tend to get me behind with everything I'm supposed to be doing. Mind you, sounds quite pleasurable in this particular example.

DC has got to have bad traffic, one of my friends drives around there and he once crashed his porsche into a mountain on the way to the airport. :S (That was in CA, but still - how the heck do you crash into a mountain??? You can't say "I didn't see it coming" :S).

10:25 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

One reason why it felt like I was talking to a long-time friend was because by the time the call had to end, we were watching Iron Chef on Food Network and commenting on the dishes. This dude whittled this intricate little pagoda from a freakin carrot in just a minute or two. Amazing. Oh, and I've driven around north New Jersey... how much harder can DC be? (famous last words, I'm sure)

Orb - I guess it depends on who the marathon call is with. Hell, we could've gone on far longer, but I had to get off the phone.

I dunno, those pesky mountains just seem to jump out at you from nowhere. :-)

1:13 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Plus he's a chump at driving. ;)

I've had 6 hour calls before now, but they make my ear glow hot and destroy my schedule. If I'm going to have a long chat, I'd prefer to do it online, or just spread it out over a longer period.

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home