Monday, July 18, 2005

While cleaning Stillwater tonight, my cd player decided to die nice and early, so I had a good three hours to let my mind wander aimlessly...

I love going into the welding room. It smells like sparklers, and for a second takes me back to picnics on the 4th of July as a kid. I looked out the windows to see the sun shining in full force while it was raining cats and dogs. I love Ohio's quirky weather. They just recently bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner, which is loaded with all sorts of widgets and rocks triumphantly. I want one. It makes vacuuming fun again. Mr. Dyson's perverse obsession with his cleaners not losing suction most certainly paid off. Uncle Bill had a high to-do down in the conference room, but after it ended, there weren't any refreshments left over for me to mooch off of. I don't think they had any, evidenced by there not being any crumbs when I cleaned the room. Only fingerprints on the glass table top. I was looking at a Maxim magazine in the mens' shop restroom, and I swear I could feel my IQ dropping steadily with each page I turned. Of course, in the office restrooms, all you'll find are golf and Porsche magazines. One of the guys up in the office has all sorts of junk food wrappers in his trash... and a can of slim-fast. Go figure.

---

Driving the entire 45 seconds home (why don't I just walk?), Dayton's "alternative" radio station finally picked up hometown heroes Hawthorne Heights. I drove around for a few minutes listening to their song, "Ohio is for Lovers". I did my little automotive happy-dance slapping the steering wheel. God, JT and Micah really have made it. Lucky bastards. I'm so proud of them I could puke.

Goddammit, Micah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

I think Maxim would be preferable to golf or Porsche magazines, but still - your point on the IQ isn't wrong...

Welding and sparklers scare me a bit, must make sure I don't go near any.

The Slim Fast with junk food doesn't surprise me. People who eat healthly don't need to diet. The number of people I see ordering Diet Coke with a supersize meal... :S

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home