Friday, August 05, 2005

World's tiniest violin, playing just for me (part 2)...

Tonight I pick up some sandwiches from a neighborhood deli, and am headed back home. At a stop light, a car full of young men shout something, and I roll the window down thinking they're talking to me. Instead, they are shouting at a PT Cruiser full of girls ahead of them. Here's how it went:

Girls: Hey, where you guys going?

Guys: Nowhere. What about you?

Girls: We're going to a party. Wanna follow us?

And so the exchange continues for a few blocks until at another red light, the PT Cruiser has pulled up next to me. Someone shouts "Hey, Andy!" I look over and see one of the cashiers from work:

Me: Hey [cashier's name]!

Her: Where ya going?

Me: Back home. Just picked up dinner.

Her: Ok. See you at work!

I turn down Market street, roll up the window, and scream FUUUUUCK!!!! at the top of my lungs. This will constitute the most amazing thing to happen to me not just for the week, but probably the entire month of August. It's all downhill from here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I'm just getting lonely because I haven't seen Angela in two weeks, and she left today for California until the 15th. This sucks.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

That's one of those hindsight situations, where the phrase "now I should've said..." comes into your mind a fair number of times per minute for a day or so afterwards. ;)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I really did have to go pick up an order and go home, but if you could see this girl... god... it's a miracle I can even form entire coherent sentences to her.

Best part is, she doesn't have a hint of attitude about it. She's just as sweet as honey.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

It's been my experience that women rarely understand how men can find them *truly* breathtaking, like literally so.

So when you see some girl, you can't catch your breath at all and your mind utterly flakes out.

Women hey; our controllers.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home