Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Well, today we went and submitted the papers to the Clerk of Courts. Unlike the somber mood when filling the forms out, today was almost light-hearted. After leaving the government office building adjacent to the courthouse, we both felt the relief of having a huge weight lifted off our shoulders, and went and had a very pleasant lunch afterwards.

It's hard to get a firm grasp on, though. October 19, we stand in front of a man in a robe who will pronounce us no longer married. Just over a month.

Two months from this friday she moves out, and I will be on my own for the first time in my adult life... free to make all the mistakes and fuck-ups I've been protected from thus far.

I feel like I'm 27, waking up from a coma slipped into at age 18.

2 Comments:

Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Pssst, Andy....hey, Andy....WAKE UP! The time is now, wake up and claim it!

Congratulations are in order I guess. Is that what you say to divorcing couples?
I was spared the whole court thing. Aaron dealt with that in Colorado. All I had to do was sign the papers and send them off. Perhaps we should have had to invite everyone who was at our wedding, return to the church, and in front of everyone admit our marriage was over, then have a huge reception in celebration. Hmmm, I wonder how that would go over...

2:36 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Eek. I don't know about that one. Were that federal law, I imagine there'd be a whole lot fewer divorces.

As for the court date, in Ohio both parties must be present or else it gets deep-sixed and the whole process has to be started over again.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home