Tuesday, October 18, 2005

While digging through my winter coat pockets to remove stuff before washing, Caro unearthed a little journal Viv gave to me (a book store freebie) last winter. You know, it's about 1/4 the size of a sheet of paper, with a purple cover and elastic band to hold it shut. Neat little book. Anyway, I flipped through it, and even though I only filled about four little pages with stuff, this is the last thing I wrote before hanging up the coat for the season:

But times came & times passed
And future slipped into memory.
With our heads down & eyes shut tight,
We never even noticed.

Opportunities dropped like autumn leaves
Often blanketing our path ahead,
But with grace & skill you dodged
and stepped right past, & I followed behind.


Autumn leaves are falling once again. Tomorrow we stand before a judge who pronounces our marriage dissolved. Maybe if there's still time this fall, I will finally stop to pick up a few yellow, orange, and brown leaves and admire them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

I'm sorry about your marriage. I've been there myself.
Do take time to pick up those leaves. Fall is my favourite time of year. The colours are amazing. Get out that camera and take a few shots.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need me to be @ the courthouse for moral support I will be there. Just call me/ let me know what time.

This is the day you've been waiting for!

Keep your head up.
-A

1:10 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Not sure about your personal goings-on..doesn't sound pretty. I am wading through alot of muck myself..if you ever feel like venting email and we'll trade woes.
I think your journal entry was beautiful.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Nan - I'm dying to, and Sunday I want to go to nearby Charleston Falls preserve to snap a few pictures.

A - You have no idea how much that offer means to me. Thank you.

Kellee - I think I'll take you up on the emailing. The husband bit on your "things about you" post kinda stuck out to me. I'd love to hear your story.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home