Friday, December 02, 2005

I’m sorry for neglecting you guys lately. The acclimation to single life has been far less smooth than I’d previously imagined. Things have been going on, I just have lost that urge to write them down. I haven’t taken a single photo in over a week. I’m just feeling tremendously overwhelmed by this sudden unrestricted access to an unimagineably huge world.

But! But, but, but… lest this be a downer of a post, I have good news. I think I’m finally rising up out of this funk and beginning to comprehend the scope of the situation. The lows aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, and the highs are soaring to sweeter heights than ever before. Things are looking up, don't you worry.

---

I have discovered the perfect meal. From Ruby Tuesday last week to lunch with Michelle at a sports bar called Bullies this week, I have concluded that I could subsist on daily rations of a nice chef salad with extra ham and turkey (easy on the cheese), and a nice tall glass of beer. Heaven.

---

Got a letter from Sallie Mae informing me that my student loan application was denied.

bitch.

---

Met up last night at Avalanche with Angela. I was beat to death by work, and after two pitchers between us I was ready to zonk, so the evening ended at 11:30. We had a great conversation, though. I miss just talking to her. As avalanche gets more and more popular as a quiet little spot, the less quiet gets. Of late, it’s been harder and harder to sit and talk. Last night was a rare and welcome exception.

--

Bought two CDs. At CD Connection, when I walked in, the dude said “Sorry man, I’m done buying for the day.” You know it’s sad when they know you that way. Recalling Wayne’s World, I replied “I’m feeling saucy. I think I'll buy something!”

Since they were both used and $5.99 apiece (I was only going to buy one new CD), I picked up two of Morcheeba’s disks. I think I like them just about as much as I do Zero 7. They’re a bit funkier and jazzier, but with the same laid-back chillout backbone. I think I’m in love! Totally going to look for more of their stuff.

---

The Danny Voris Project is playing at my old stomping ground, the Trolley Stop. (remember my posts about going there a few times last winter?) Going to go watch Stephanie perform. Oh, yeah, and the other guys in the band too. I have made a promise to myself to speak to at least one person while I'm there. No chickening out. I bitch about being just a spectator and never participating, but then what do I do? I stand there and watch without trying to join in.

It's like the email that went around a few years ago, where Aaron prays night after night after night "God, please let me win the lottery so I may feed my family." For months his prayers go unanswered, until God finally speaks to him.

"Aaron, first you have to buy a ticket."

I'm gonna buy my ticket tonight. It may not win... I may not have a single decent conversation, but then again, I may just hit the jackpot and spend all night in rapt conversation with people.

I'm going to take a short nap now, but in a few hours, I'll rise, get ready, and head out In Search of That Rarest of Treasures.

---

I have a new roll of film to post later, and I'll get a cast page worked out too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Whoa, that's a weird and funky coincidence - I talked about how in love I am with my new cd today too. Hope you meet some fun folks tonight.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Hey aren't you going to visit Texas Girl soon?

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy gimme a call we are goin out for my birthday next month... you should come out and have some fun!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Yay, for cast pages.
Boo, for no Decemeber visit from Andy. :(

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home