Friday, January 20, 2006

No, I'm not on acid...

... but tonight's Computer Basics class project was to take elements from thirteen provided photos and combine them with Photoshop into one composition. The range of styles was boggling! The girl next to me, a fashion photographer, made using the same photos something much more serious and pleasing, like a backdrop she'd pose one of her models against. I went for the whimsical, and three hours later produced this image:



(Note the palm tree from "duckie invasion", as well as an eye from duckie himself serving as both eyes of the Sphynx.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

must admit your picture does not make any sense. but I had same problems sometimes, when doing graphics for a customer. but, rather than maing a mambo-jumbo I waited for inspiration to hit me, and always managed to produce something likable.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I personally like it. Pass the bong.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Ivy - True, if this were a commercial setting, I'd be fired on the spot! :-) But this is just classroom (and day 4), and the instructor intentionally chose completely unrelated images for us to clump together as crazily as possible.

Now, the girl I sat next to made something completely abstract, with no definite focus, just the images at different opacities and angles, and varying shades of red and blue. It created a nice mishmashy background.

Barbara - Thanks! It was just so damned silly, I had to show you guys.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

I like it too! Whimsical my ass...the girl next to you slipped you a ROOFIE! ;)
Miss ya Mr. Pants and I am so glad you are expanding your photographic talent!!!!
xoxoxoxo

4:05 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

This is awesome. I really really like it.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home