Monday, April 17, 2006

The new quarter started today. It's SOOOOOOOOO nice to be back at OIP&T. I was on the phone with Dark Haired Girl tonight, and I mentioned what a lack of shyness I have there. She's been out with me. She's seen how I go damn near completely withdrawn in certain social situations, and I was telling her how when I'm there at school, I don't feel awkward about talking to anybody.

Speaking of...

I met a very lovely young lady who's in my Image Management class. As the class took breaks and we all shuffled out of the computer lab to chat in the hallways, she and I passed several times with big awkward smiles. Then after class, as I was developing a roll of film, she came into the lab to chat with the bookstore lady (bookstore and lab being in the same room. OIP&T is a tiny place). I noticed her noticing me doing my tank-shakin' thang at the developing sink, so I said hi and we got to talking. Turns out she has a degree in fine art photography and knows darkroom inside-out and backwards. I asked if she had any examples online, but she only had prints, and said she'd bring them in next week to show me.

Now, call me Mr. Ego, but I couldn't help but feel a little mutual diggage going on. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. There was a friendly click for sure, but I could've sworn there was a little active interest. Shit, how would I know...

But the negs turned out well.

---

Been hanging out more than usual with Dark Haired Girl lately. Just chillin, no monkey business. It's really kinda nice. Just last friday night I picked up some movie snacks after work and went to her place to watch Brokeback Mountain with her and a friend. I just plopped down on her loveseat and we ate chex mix and cookies, and had the most pleasant time. She called again the next night, and we rolled around with her friend (the one who initially approached me at Dunaway's that fateful night), and a guy friend of theirs. It felt so good to be riding around with people, although I didn't get most of their inside jokes. But it felt good to be invited into "the crew". Almost surreally good. It was like losing a certain portion of my social virginity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

"mutual diggage" - what a great phrase. I shall have to see how many times I can use that today.

Glad to have to back in the blogosphere telling us about AndyWorld!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I picked it up from Donkey in Shrek when he says "you two were diggin on each other."

As for the blogosphere... I may yet be out for the count until I buy another keyboard. :-(

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home