Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nothing new much going on, but I wanted to post anyhow simply to debunk any greatly exaggerated rumors of my untimely demise. Think of this as a place holder, if you will.

Got on the IM for the first time in ages, and had a fantastic conversation with Chickpea. Felt good to catch up on each others' comings and goings. Visited with Dark Haired Girl this evening. Poor girl's got the weight of the world on her shoulders right now and needed a shoulder if not to cry on, then at least to unload her frustrations on. Being a social worker, it's in her nature to nurture, so somehow (despite my intention to swoop in all hero-like and be the male girlfriend of the evening) the conversation ended up with me pouring my heart out to her as well, however little room I have to complain in my cushy little life. We parted with a very tender goodbye kiss and hug between friends.

Other than that, school's got me running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

---

Hey you in North Dakota. I still see your visits. :-) And g'day to my Aussie reader! It's such a shame about Steve Irwin, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah he came by not long after I logged off with you - caught me by surprise too. You might just be my good luck charm!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talkin' to me? ;)

Steven Irwin... It's an absolutely tragic loss. Here, the kids are the ones it's hit the hardest.

He's left an amazing legacy – a new generation of conservationists...

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home