Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lee and I worked out an employment arrangement today. Last week he asked how many hours and at what pay rate I'd need to be able to quit Chipotle. Today I went to his office and said that I needed at bare minimum 20 hours a week at $7/hour. He said he was thinking more along the lines of $9. Hell yeah, no complaints from me.

So tonight after class, I drove over to Chipotle and gave the store manager my two weeks. And in two weeks, I'll be following my dreams %100. Photography school, and a now embarking on my career. Not just another job... an honest-to-God CAREER. Usually when somebody has an impractical dream, the advice is "Don't quit your day job, kid." But fuck it all. I quit my day job, and I'm on top of the freakin world.

Today truly was the first day of the rest of my life.

---

Troy's a small town, and googling the locations I talk about brings up this blog. Tonight at my favorite watering hole, a guy I hang out with asked me if I kept a blog, and said that his mom pulled one up and said "Hey, is this your photographer friend?" Gonna hafta watch what I say on here. Troy's a small town.

---

Here's then next installment of my Photoshop 2 project. This one is more in tune with the requirements, since the whole thing is made from scratch. I modeled this after the cover of mom's copy of John Grisham's "The Rainmaker"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy, long time no see, eh? :D

Hey, congratulations on making that enormous big step to your future. Following your spirit & soul are ultimately what brings happiness in life, hearing you move towards fulfillment just rocks, dude.

& lotsa famous people hail from small towns, who knows, you may put Troy on the map for all the world to see.

All my best, Andy!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Well done, Andy! I'm certain that your bravery will pay off for you. Wow, imagine, doing what you love for a living! (Almost makes me want to take the leap as well)

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home