Thursday, December 30, 2004

Yeti@home

My pc at home fulfilled it's long prophecied death the other day. Power supply went out. You know that AOL commercial where the dude says he wants his computer to make the sound of a yeti? My power supply fan had been making that exact same noise for about 2 months prior. At least I hope it's only the power supply. Fried mobo + Andy = fucked.

With the computer temporarily rendered belly-up, my SETI@home isn't running. How will the project ever survive without me?

5 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I'm sure you're wondering. I posted this at work.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Thank you for clearing that up, now I don't need to ask. Now I'm unsure as to why I'm still typing, oh well. Hope your computer's fixed soon without too much trouble and mulah. :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Argh, I feel sick in my stomach for you. Hope the hard drives are fine, otherwise I will be sick on your behalf.

Hope it recovers soon.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

When I hit the power switch, all the drives' lights stay on steady, indicating they are getting power but the data connection is boogered. My guess (hope) is that the power supply is able to pump out the trickle required by the drives, but not enough to power the mobo, which requires substantially more current, hence the drives thinking they're not plugged into the motherboard. I think. I hope. I pray...:-)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well I'll pray too.

Hard.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home