Saturday, March 05, 2005

First stop, Vandalia. Next stop, CANNES!

I got the message on my answering machine tonight. I have been cast in "Amanda's Boys", a very indie film being shot here in the Dayton area by a dude who works at Kroger and lives in Vandalia. My character is the crazy comic relief, the court jester. I am to do embarrassing things in front of the camera in my pursuit (i.e. stalking) of the rare and radiend maiden whom the angels named Amanda. Look for me with my shirt off, her name painted all over my wobbly bits, while singing to her out in public. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Called T, the director, to confirm my acceptance. We meet next Saturday night in Yellow Springs to distribute scripts and discuss the film. My bee people! After all these long wretched years, I finally found them!

(and who said that stalking never yielded positive results?)

I made a new blog exclusively as a journal of the experience.

5 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

Excellent! Well done lad.

The name Amanda means "fit to be loved", nice and approriate considering.

You have to try and get a video done of this, I wanna see....

11:36 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

The sick thing is, I'm more excited about going to Yellow Springs to meet the people Saturday night than about actually making the movie.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Ok, that's a lie. I'm really fucking thrilled about the film. But I am really looking forward to hanging out in a college town bar with other people!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well half the point of this exercise is to join in with your swarm is it not?

I'm sure it'll be entertaining. :)

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home