Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Made a new friend today

Ok, so not exactly new, but somewhat better now. Went to sell some used books at Browse Awhile Books in Tipp City, and got to talking with Lilly, the girl who runs the place (most of the time). I like Lilly. She's kinda cute and has this sort of easy grin/smartass attitude/SCA ren fest/witchy/I-could-talk-to-her-for-hours/out in the open kind of appeal.

Anyways, after she gave the usual generous price for our books, I asked to take her picture (as I am trying to get more people pictures) I'm gonna develop the roll and have it posted tomorrow. So I mention to her my Flickr page, and we end up exchanging blog addresses. She's also in the process of setting up an online business, Amberlilys, and asked if I would be a guinea pig to get a male perspective on their lotions and stuff. I tell her I can put on the testosterone attitude to give her a manly point of view, but she says that any guy who gets on a site to order lotion is probably more like the real me than a jarhead. Oh... yeah. Good point. :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

Sounds fun, though that website needs to be improved, so that it works for starters.

Wonder if they are going to make the candles out of something acceptable. :S

But, impressive forwardness from yourself. ;)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

I need to make more friends.

Sigh. :)

(Particularly ones who give me free things.)

The Last Ditch!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Orb - The site is still under construction. Give it time...

Steff - Well, if it's any consolation, I would totally want to hang out with you if I lived in Vancouver. Not sure about the free stuff, though. I'm pretty broke. :-(

5:38 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

very cool .. i'm glad you met someone new today!

who knows what is around the corner!!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are correct the website is still under construction. I am hopping that in the next couple of weeks it will be up and ready to go. We are making most of our products by hand and they only get added as stock if they pass inspection. Not sure what appropriate stuff for candles are? I mean I have put in pleanty of bat wings and spider legs, so they should be good??? Hmmmmmm...maybe I need to add a little toil and trouble.

You all would love to meat him in person to. He is a very neat guy.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Sorry about that comment, it was a little harsh - I'm heavily trained and experienced in professional website testing so end up being harsh unintentionally. :$

As for candles; I'm vegan - so non-animal/bee wax or ingredients would be what I meant. Most candles don't qualify.

Oh - I consider you exceptionally lucky to have met Andy. :)

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home