Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ever the eternal skeptic, I only take astrology with a grain of salt. However, I am totally addicted to the writing style of Rob Brezny at Free Will Astrology. I just love the gusto and charisma with which he writes, and his horoscopes for the week are always practical advice to carry around in the back of your head. I hadn't visited his site in a while until I left a comment on Sweetlethe's blog about him. Again, my long-overdue visit was no diasppointment. Here's Virgo's horoscope for this week, and I find it vastly appropriate considering my usual thursday outing tonight with a certain friend:

In early April, Star Wars devotees began camping out in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. That was where several Star Wars films had debuted, and the fans were sure it would host the May 19th opening of Revenge of the Sith. Soon, however, authoritative sources informed them that there were no plans for the movie to be shown at Grauman's. Refusing to believe it, they dug in for an extended vigil. As it turned out, they were deluded: Seven weeks later, the final installment in the long-running series opened at the ArcLight theater a mile away. Let their actions be a guide for what not to do this week, Virgo. Don't you dare sit and wait for a supposedly glorious event that is in fact never going to happen. Instead, turn your attention to a more modest success, which will occur only if you're not distracted by grandiose visions

I need to drop it, relax, and just bask in the warm light of her company and friendship.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I swear, sometimes it feels like the man is speaking directly to me.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Astrology definitely has a little something to it, not sure why.

Mind you the trick to being a really good astrologer is dispensing sage counsel that applies to everyone.

Good advice for you (and many others) though, baby steps, all things come to those who wait.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home