Sunday, August 07, 2005

I was reading Bouncegrrl's latest post, where she posted the following story. Chickpea, save your hand. I consider this my wake-up bitch-slap:

An old Cherokee is telling his grandson about a fight that is going on inside him. He said it is between two wolves:

One is evil, with anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is good with joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one I feed."

author unknown

5 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

Now one simply has to find out whether the old cherokee is a demon or an angel...

I know which side wins in me, god knows what's feeding it. :S

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, but what if I want to slap you in a naughty way? which side gets fed if I dish out a few sexy bitch slaps?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Orb - that's an interesting question... most people (including myself) would focus on the nature of his wolves, you question the nature of the storyteller.

Shutterbug - that's an interesting question... but I think a few naughty slaps would definitely feed the good side. ;-)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well, when assessing a situation, especially one that contains potential danger. Concentrate on the organ grinder, not the monkey.

The storyteller was definitely the one with the power, the wolves' lives rest in his favour.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Never woulda looked at it that way. Were he a demon, of course he would've fed the evil wolf. I am set up to assume that he is good by his grand-paternal advice and his Native American culture.

Concentrate on the organ grinder, not the monkey. I'll have to remember that.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home