Saturday, December 03, 2005

About my planned visit...

... out to Texas Gurl. It had to be postponed. Not cancelled, just rainchecked. We decided that it was mutually financially infeasible to happen in just two weeks. Yeah, I'm bummed that I'm not getting to see her sooner, but it'll happen come hell or high water.

Overall, this is a good thing. I was stressing pretty hard over how I was going to pay my bills, pay for a $300 plane ticket and travel costs, and have anything left over for Christmas. That, and now I'm staying on at work until the contract is up and I'm laid off, so I can collect unemployment.

In the long run, this is a prudent and wise move. In the short term, though, it sucks big time. :-(

2 Comments:

Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Why does money rule the world?

I'm glad to hear you're staying on until the contract is up...unemployment will help while you're going to school.

This DOES suck.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

This sucks big fat hard-boiled eggs!

*pouts*

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home