Friday, January 27, 2006

Addendum:
Woke up this morning with the bleary recollection of having written something about movie actors before hitting the hay. Then I realized "fuck, I was bitching again". What I failed to mention is that I got drunk at the Trolley Stop (where thursdays are acoustic open-mic night with dollar draft beer) having the time of my life. It was great. Place was packed like a can of sardines, the music was excellent, and the beer... well, cheap. Very very good time.

Got to talking to the girl I sit next to in Photoshop/Computer Basics last night. She was mentioning having taken photos in this old abandoned building in downtown Dayton the other day. I mentioned how cool that sounded, and that I'd like to go there sometime. She said she's going back today, and I could come if I wanted. Gave her my phone number to call me this morning... and speaking of, I need to get offline!

So that's the news awaiting "fruition". I can't believe I used that word. I'm funny when I'm drunk. :-) Here's last night's post:

---

Thank you all for replying to my posts... instead of responding in the comment section, I figured I might as well in a new post.

(btw, I am really drunk... a point I'm not so much boasting, but rather am making as a guilt-laden confession)

Of course the girl I asked out politely declined. I didn't expect her to say yes... if she did, I'd've flipped out entirely, and a near-incohoerent post of ecstasy would've resulted. She's pretty, and therefore has her pick and choice of men. I'm not being "poor-me" ish, but rather realistic. Honestly, in that situation, what chance do I stand? Not much. Single women want one of three men... Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn, the fast and furious Vin Diesel, or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. That's pretty much it, and I of course am nothing near any of those requisite men, and therefore command exactly ZERO positive attention whatsoever among eligible women under the age of 45.

Married (or otherwise spoken for) women LOVE me, though. They adore me. An unfortunate and curious paradox, I must say.

I'm still proud as hell that I drummed up the courage to ask, though. :-)

---

I'm too damned tired to continue... but there fantastically good news to report, which will come to fruition tomorrow. I'll give you the whole scoop later. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You ARE funny when drunk, but even more impressive, you are coherent and quite eloquent. Me, I just get loud and stupid (which is why it doesn't happen very often anymore).

10:32 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

When I drink alone, I go inside myself. When I drink around people, I get loud and stupid. :-)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home