Friday, March 24, 2006

Ran around with Elizabeth yesterday taking a ton of ho-hum project requirement photos, but managed a few good ones as well. For as much as I keep repeating my mantra "the path of the photographer is a solitary one", and as much as I really am not comfortable taking photos in a group setting, I find that going out with a really good friend to bounce ideas back and forth with really helps.

Went to Dunaway's with Dark Haired Girl and a friend of hers. Called Angela, she stopped by and got to meet Dark Haired Girl. She passes the best friend test. :-)

---

My Dad and I were talking on the phone the other day, and got to talking about politics. I am so angry with things right now, I just want to break something. I'd write more, but it's all just opinionated crap, nothing of real editorial value. Fuck it, I'm ranting:

I sense this country's pressure level reaching a critical boiling point, like a pressure cooker, and very shortly we're going to see something drastic happen on the political scene. What it is, I don't know, but I just feel like something big like the Watergate scandal or a sweeping neo-hippie social revolt is about to transpire.

You ever get to feeling like history is repeating itself? It's like Dad was saying... the word back in the day was "Vietnamization", where the plan was to stay there as a police force until Vietnam set up its own government and could take care of itself. Sound familiar?

Meanwhile, Bush is saying that resolving this historic blunder he made for us will fall on the shoulders of the next president. (link 2)

Way to pass the buck and weasel your way out of responsibility, you fucking loser.

He knows damn well this war cannot be won with any decisive victory, as we don't even really know who the fuck we're fighting. "The terrorists". There is no big bugaboo "enemy", just scattered and disconnected handfuls of people around the world, driven by hatred of an animalistic depth we cannot possibly comprehend. How do you declare victory? We're just there being bullet and shrapnel catchers, dying gory pulpy deaths, and Bush and his unholy trinity are going to keep gleefully sending off our men and women to return to the US as globs of blood pudding in caskets as long as they're in power because their fat egoes won't allow them to be the first in American history to have lost an officially declared war.

That's it. I'm done.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

an officially declared unjustified and illegal war, as it happens.

So you are seeing a sea change in opinion in the US? It seems that way from here, but you know, when things are filtered through the media it is sometimes hard to tell.

On the other hand, our new prime minister is trying his damndest to be just like Uncle Dubya. Scary times.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I agree he's scarier than scary. He's like "mini Bush" which just freaks me out and makes me want to move to Switzerland.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

No way! Aren't you the groovy ones who legalized gay marriage and marijuana in personal use amounts?? What happened?

2:37 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

We've lost our grooviness. We now have a Conservative government in power. But don't worry, I only give them 18 months.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I can see the documentary on it now... "How Canada Got Its Groove Back"

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home