Saturday, May 06, 2006

Livin' the Lava Lamp Lifestyle

No, I didn't fall into the toilet or anything. I miss you guys too. I've scads of new photos (including all my new infrared stuff)posted on my Flickr page, if your curiosity is so inclined.

Since losing my own internet access and having to piggyback off of mom's, I can't get on during the day since she uses the account at work. Most nights a week I'm at either school or work, and frankly I've managed to scratch out a rudimentary social life which usually takes me to L&V on the way home.

I've gained acceptance into the "clique" there of core regulars, and not to bore you with undue detail, I've had several fantastic nights there recently, living experiences that I always dreamt about. Not much, really, just hanging out with people and for once... for blessed blessed once, not feeling like an outsider, extra wheel, or tag-along. I've finally found what may turn out to be my field of dancing bee people.

Speaking of, around 2 this afternoon I hit the road today out of sheer boredom and ended up in Tipp City. I'd heard they had this big city-wide garage sale day, and I thought I'd scour the driveways and card tables for steals on photographic equipment. I passed a yard where a lady set up a table and was selling handmade jewelry. She turned out to be somebody I knew but hadn't seen in a very long time. She was Caroline's ex-best friend's sister, and we had gotten to know her and her husband in that time. We get to talking and catching up on each others' lives, and her husband invites me to stay for dinner. They are just the coolest people around, and they even like dance/techno music. He even knew who Purple Motion was. How cool is that??

I end up staying and chatting with them till 11pm, standing next to the fire he had going (it's pretty fucking chilly here in Ohio tonight), and drinking beer. She works for a local independant newspaper and they need somebody to take a few photos. I may have my next gig. Non paying, but full of credit. Anyway, it was so unbelievably cool to have re-hooked back up with them, and we clicked so well they invited me to a big cookout they're having tomorrow.

I never did find any photography equipment. I did buy a cool lava lamp for a couple of bucks though. Always wanted one. Yay!

Anyway... with everything going on in my life, and even though I piss and moan about not having any dates, I can't help but feel like things are going like a game of chess. First, you position your pieces, then secondly you make your attack. Thirdly, you chase down and corner the opponent's king. Well, I think that I've spent the last six months of my life positioning my pieces from square one, and I'm damn near finished with my preparations and laying down foundations, and am nearly ready to make my big pounce on the world. It's kind of exciting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Yay for Andy pants!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home