Monday, September 11, 2006

R Kelly, Albinos, and Pirate Chanties

I'm in a good mood tonight. Freshly showered after another long monday working both at Chipotle and Stillwater, and having just cracked open a bottle of Ezra Brooks bourbon, I find myself nice and chilled out. I'm trying like crazy to put out of my mind that this is the five year anniversary of 9/11/01. The pain of that day is still far too intense for me to deal with right now. I will never, ever, ever forget.

---

Found this great site the other day that generates seals. The site name is in the graphic if you're interested:



I thought the sailing ship was fitting since the final verse in a song I wrote is from whence this blog derives its name:

Where be ye me hardies? We'll sail the high seas
as we buckle the swash, in search of that rarest of treasures.
With a barrel of rum and a chantey to sing
as we search for that rarest of treasures!

---

I was thinking... I really like infrared portraits of women. The dark eyes and milky complection coupled with lightening of the hair are so exotic and beautiful. Then I realized: infrared portraits turn people somewhat albino.

So I send out this spell for love, as did the young girl in the movie Practical Magic (and with her intention of describing a non-existant person... past, present, or future): My true love will be an albino with creamy skin, bright purple eyes, and snow white hair. And she'll have a lovely singing voice. And she'll have a smile that lights up the darkness. And she'll have a weird hobby, like playing the tuba or raising mountain lions or something. And she'll glow as she dances in the full moonlight, and she'll pose patiently for my camera. And she'll be a terrible cook and we'll bumble through recipes together. And she'll have a figure like Kate Winslet before she got all skinny, a la "Quills". And she'll bear a striking resemblance to a lovely girl named Kena that I knew back in high school.

(here's a few photos of Chinese model Connie Chiu)




Or she'll be Chickpea, who transcends all previously mentioned criteria. :-) Honestly though, this time I'm simply in no hurry whatsoever.

---

Logged onto Myspace, which still pisses me off because it won't let me write or reply to any mail I get. But I did catch a screen shot of this interesting coincidence under the "cool new people" section:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Switch over to Beta. It doesn't affect your archives but you do have to copy and paste your blog roll over to the new one. When you switch they give you access to your old site while you do the switch so you can make sure you don't leave anything behind. It's quite simple actually. I forgot my site meter so I had to get a new one but that was easy. Beta has some cool features though.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh damn. that bitch cut off half my comment. I was saying: "transcends the above? ha ha ha!"

2:15 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

wow, you myspace!!
hmmm, i never get any comments...

:(

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home