Sunday, October 08, 2006

Oh. Holy. Fuck.

I hurt so bad today. It hurts from my neck to my ankles, and every joint and muscle in between. My neck hurts from suspending with a strap from my neck a camera, lens, and monopod which totalled roughly the weight of a gallon jug of milk. That shit hurts after nine hours. Then my shoulders ache from hand holding the apparatus most of the day (the monopod came into the picture for added camera stability after sundown). My ankles hurt from the constant flexing, and because I wore my combat boots. My knees feel bruised from the constant dropping onto them. My face, kissed by the sun, feels like sandpaper. But most of all, my inner thighs and gluteus maximus are the sorest, and are stiffer than treated hardwood lumber.

To top it off, I shot a soccer game this afternoon as well. Oh, the humanity! At least I only took three gigs' worth of photos. I lumbered around the field perimeter like an 80 year old man, squatting with audible agonized groans every time I needed to take a shot.

Photography is most certainly NOT for the faint of heart.

And I'm so proud of these aches... to me they're battle scars, earned valiantly. Last night, I thought to myself "Today very well might be the first day of my entire career." I'm seriously stressing because I have my next quarter which starts tomorrow (actually, today, since it's 12:44am now), Chipotle, Stillwater, and now sports shoots (and the many hours of post production spent sifting through the images) to all juggle. I looked at myself in the mirror earlier tonight, and said aloud, "Welcome to the professional world."

---

I'm listening to the radio through headphones, and Evanescence's "Call Me When You're Sober" just finished. What is it about that little giggle from Amy Lee at the very end that is totally not appropriate for the song, yet makes me want to spontaneously orgasm? I'm so totally in love with her voice.



I think it's the freckles. I'm a total sucker for freckles. And Chickpea. And the purple-eyed albino women that freak Chickpea out, yet entice me so. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

Amy Lee is hot because she isn't, you know? She's not some skinny little beach bunny pop star. She's the girl you lust after at work or at school... she's the girl at the grocery who catches your eye as you pass and causes you for one split second to say to yourself, "Damn." before moving on.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha lo

(giggle)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home