Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Exactly! Exactly!

So I'm seeing all these commercials on TV for Lexus and Lincoln and Mercedes peddling their automobiles as Christmas gifts. I don't know about you, but I simply can't fathom having enough money to buy somebody else a Lexus on a seasonal whim. Can't wrap my head around it. That's just an entirely different plane of reality.

You know what I got my mom for Christmas? A whisk.

---

One of my heroes is Howard Schatz. I was introduced to his photography in an issue of LensWork magazine, and was instantly floored by how his work echoes my own philosophy. I look at his online portfolio and think (sometimes saying out loud) "Exactly! Exactly!", as if I'd been playing a game of Charades for the last two years to a crowd of blank faces, only for somebody to come along and finally comprehend what the hell I'm trying to express. Well, ok... I'm the one who happened upon his work, but you get my analogy.

I'm going to call his studio in NYC tomorrow and see if they take interns or temporary assistants. It's a million-to-one shot, but I'll never know if I don't try.

---

Put up a profile on Model Mayhem. What can it hurt? I'm coming to a realization that my primary strength is the headshot, usually required by model and actor types. Not too many of those around here.

Dammit.

---

Whatever happened to Amy Madigan? I loved her in Field of Dreams and Uncle Buck.

1 Comments:

Blogger hexy chick said...

Amy Madigan: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001496/

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home