Monday, October 29, 2007

e-i-e-i-o!

On the way to school today, a radio host made mention of the Sam Houston Institute of Technology. Laughed myself silly until my instructor told me that the S.H.I.T. doesn't really exist, it's just an old joke. Not only was I embarrassed, but also a little disappointed.

---

Last night at their farm, Dark Haired Girl's parents had a hayride for their church. She said the congregation would probably appreciate pictures. As coincidence would have it, I happen to own camera.

Her parents' farm is the single most photo-rich environment in the state of Ohio, especially when that golden late afternoon sunlight streams unhindered across the open field to the west. Ended up taking around 200 photos, but here are some of my favorites that don't include children:









The last three images are of Dark Haired Girl's dad. Next spring, our local cultural center is holding a juried photography contest about life in Miami County. Thinking of entering either of the last two images. Not sure how many can be entered. The contest prospectus isn't available yet.

I wonder who's on the jury. All the best photographers I know of around here would most likely rather be shooting the contest than judging it.

---

Peter Gabriel's "Shock the Monkey" was just on the radio. I always want to sing "Jacques the Monkey", and pretend it's a song about a little monkey running around Paris wearing a beret.

Just thought I'd leave you with that mental image. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

See me blog :D http://www.pamietnikprogramisty.blogspot.com

It's in Polish but comment, please!! ;P

11:44 AM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

The series of the cat in gourds, farmer and hat, and tractor in the sun all three in a row is incredible. I'd really love copies of all of those, but really the cat one is my favorite.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home