Sunday, October 26, 2008

Well, in preparation of the worst, I called old Bossman today explaining Monday morning's possible revelations. Asked him if I were to come back to Troy, would he have a spot open? He gave me a very enthusiastic yes.

So...

Either way, I have a job in photography. In a move that sounds like something out of a movie, I got a voicemail message Friday night. After locking up the studio and getting in my car, I listened as my friends from Troy called me from our old hang out spot. They all shouted "Andy! We miss you! Ditch Cleveland and come back to Troy! It's not a party without you!"

The same night my boss tells me I should be worried.

My head has not stopped spinning all weekend, but I've already started to think of Cleveland in the past tense. I'm almost hoping that they lay me off so I can go back home to Troy and start my life as the hometown photographer. While I will not retract a single statement I've made in praise of this town, living here just isn't what I'd expected. Working for this studio couldn't be ANY farther from what I'd expected it to be, either.

I meet with my current boss tomorrow morning, well before the studio opens, so he can relay this dooming worrysome information to me. Whatever it is, I hope it's a solid stay hired, or get fired. None of this nebulous "The Big Guy wants me to tell you we're in layoff season, so keep working on your studio portraits because... well, you know..." bullshit. I'm sick of this mindfuck.

---

I had a date saturday night. It was a wonderful time spent with a beautiful sweetheart of a girl, with whom I really connect. In a call about the job situation, I told Dark Haired Girl about it, the relaying of which devolved into a completely unnecessary almost-apology in the most awkward and dunderheaded terms possible, concluding with "...but she wasn't you."

From the other end of the phone came a long sigh, and a change of subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home