Sunday, October 12, 2008

Had a walk-about today with the camera. I was actually sitting at a marina east of downtown, just watching the boats and enjoying the warm breeze, when I noticed what looked like a freighter coming in. Drove over to the party end of The Flats, situated at the mouth of the river, to get some photos. Turns out it was a concrete barge from Canada being pushed by a tug. Much smaller than the ore freighter(s) I'd been hoping to show you.










I love how the captain looks so chill in his shorts and t-shirt. Not like he just piloted the damned thing across Lake Erie or anything. :-)

Anyhoo, naturally I had to do some "artsy" shots as well:







Thought it was funny in that last one how much that chunk of concrete broken off the Main Ave. Viaduct bears a resemblance to Ohio.

Of course, I had to sneak in a photo of myself:



See, I need more recent photos because... well,

I'm considering putting up a profile on Plenty of Fish. My feelings for Dark Haired Girl will never change. Nobody can, nor will anybody, ever EVER replace her. But I think my hesitation and resistance to moving on with my love life has become unhealthy. This is taking a palpable toll on me... I'm getting all despondent like I was post-divorce, and my libido has pretty much vanished. I need to start dating. This is a really difficult decision, and maybe I'm just being melodramatic. Lord knows Dark Haired Girl will be the first one to say "It's about goddamn time!" after reading this, but part of me is still not comfortable with the idea. I think there's only one real way to overcome the discomfort, and that's to face it.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

:d keep your chin up

9:56 AM  
Blogger Dark Haired Girl said...

Your gonna be great!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home