Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I think I have something against the letter 'T'. Not directly, of course. It's not like I walk the streets of Cleveland muttering to myself "Goddamn letter T! I hate that friggin letter!" or anything. I just came across two annoyances today, both involving it:

1) The word 'mature'. Now, I pronounce it muh-chure. On the soon-to-be-mentioned Hulu.com, an announcer before each episode pronounces it as mah-tour. Granted, that pronunciation is phonetically more correct, but it still irritates the piss out of me.

2) People who add it to the word 'Else', and pronounce it "elts". GAAA!!!

---

Anyhoo, about Hulu.com, it's a website that lets you watch tv shows and even a bunch of full-length movies for free. The commercial breaks usually consist of a single 15-second public service or Acura commercial. Barely enough time to grab another beer before it's on again. Anyway, just the other day, a guy at work was talking about the show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". So I get on Hulu and start at Season 1, episode 1. I'm hooked. I've just finished off episode 6 of season 2, in which I paused and made the following screen shot:



Camera 2. The thing that got me was how long it lingered in the shot, almost two seconds.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

i love hulu ...i have so many shows i watch on there :D

9:37 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

I'm working my way through "Philadelphia" right now... and all I can keep repeating over and over again is "Oh my God, that is SO WRONG."

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home